Compensation distribution nears completion in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Compensation has been given to the kin of 106 people out of a total of 132 killed in the June calamity in Uttarakhand since the process began about a month ago.
Relatives of 816 out of a total of 834 people from the state who went missing after the tragedy have also been paid compensation and the process to distribute the amount among the rest in on, an official release said here on Saturday.
The data was collected after Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar spoke to the heads of district administration via video- conferencing to take stock of the extent of damage caused by the disaster and relief distribution exercise is under way in the affected areas.
Out of 61 people, who were injured in the calamity, 52 have been compensated. They underwent medical treatment at different hospitals for over a month.
Assistance has also been provided to 1,282 house owners out of a total of 1,293 of them whose homes were damaged in the disaster, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?