Compensation distribution nears completion in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Compensation has been given to the kin of 106 people out of a total of 132 killed in the June calamity in Uttarakhand since the process began about a month ago.
Relatives of 816 out of a total of 834 people from the state who went missing after the tragedy have also been paid compensation and the process to distribute the amount among the rest in on, an official release said here on Saturday.
The data was collected after Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar spoke to the heads of district administration via video- conferencing to take stock of the extent of damage caused by the disaster and relief distribution exercise is under way in the affected areas.
Out of 61 people, who were injured in the calamity, 52 have been compensated. They underwent medical treatment at different hospitals for over a month.
Assistance has also been provided to 1,282 house owners out of a total of 1,293 of them whose homes were damaged in the disaster, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling