Cong asks Uttarakhand CM to find how Namdhari became minority panel head
Dehradun: The ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Monday asked Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna to order a probe to find out on whose recommendation Sukhdev Singh Namdhari was made chairman of the state minorities commission.
"The chief minister should institute a probe and find out how a man with antecedents like Namdhari was made the head of the state minority panel," Pradesh Congress vice president Suryakant Dhasmana said.
Soon after Namdhari`s name cropped up in connection with Ponty Chadha murder case, he was sacked as Uttarakhand Minorities Commission Chairman by the state government on grounds of "doubtful integrity."
A BJP member, Namdhari was made the minority panel head during the party`s government in the state in 2010. He was to complete his tenure early next year.
Namdhari has been arrested by the Delhi police which is looking into his association with the slain liquor baron who was killed along with his brother Hardeep in a shootout at a farmhouse in Delhi.
Meanwhile, the former state minority panel chief was expelled today from the BJP.
"Namdhari has been expelled from the party following his arrest in connection with the Chattarpur farmhouse shootout in which Chadha and his brother were killed," state BJP chief Bishan Singh Chufal said.
Even otherwise, he was not an active member of the party, Chufal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read