Cong blames own workers for party`s drubbing in civic polls
Dehradun: The ruling Congress, which did not win a single seat in the recent civic polls in Uttarakhand, today issued a show cause notice to 100 party leaders, including state minister Dinesh Aggarwal, for allegedly working against its official nominees.
The disciplinary committee of the PCC held a marathon four-hour meeting here and served 100 leaders, including Aggarwal with show cause notices asking them to explain within ten days why they worked against the party`s official nominees in different municipal corporations, PCC spokesman Dhirendra Pratap said.
PCC vice president Suryakant Dhasmana, who unsuccessfully contested for Dehradun mayoral seat losing it to BJP`s Vinod Chamoli, had lodged a complaint against Aggarwal accusing him of campaigning against him.
Aggarwal was the head of the PCC`s campaign committee for the polls held on April 28 which saw the BJP capturing four out of the state`s six municipal corporations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17