Cong blames own workers for party`s drubbing in civic polls
Dehradun: The ruling Congress, which did not win a single seat in the recent civic polls in Uttarakhand, today issued a show cause notice to 100 party leaders, including state minister Dinesh Aggarwal, for allegedly working against its official nominees.
The disciplinary committee of the PCC held a marathon four-hour meeting here and served 100 leaders, including Aggarwal with show cause notices asking them to explain within ten days why they worked against the party`s official nominees in different municipal corporations, PCC spokesman Dhirendra Pratap said.
PCC vice president Suryakant Dhasmana, who unsuccessfully contested for Dehradun mayoral seat losing it to BJP`s Vinod Chamoli, had lodged a complaint against Aggarwal accusing him of campaigning against him.
Aggarwal was the head of the PCC`s campaign committee for the polls held on April 28 which saw the BJP capturing four out of the state`s six municipal corporations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata