Cong demands CBI inquiry into `BJP govt scams`
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand Assembly on Tuesday witnessed uproarious scenes with Opposition Congress
disrupting the proceedings demanding a CBI inquiry into the
alleged scandals involving the ruling BJP government, which
resulted in the House being adjourned several times.
As soon as the House assembled on the first day of the
session, the members belonging to the main Opposition Congress
were on their feet alleging that the BJP government was deeply
involved in corruption and several scams worth crores of
rupees have been unearthed during its four and a half year old
They shouted anti-government slogans in the House
demanding a CBI inquiry into the alleged scams.
Leader of the Opposition Harak Singh Rawat urged Speaker
Harbans Kapoor to allow immediate discussion over the
"serious" issue by suspending the Question Hour. Rawat was
also supported by his other party members.
When the discussion was not allowed by the Speaker,
Congress members trooped into the Well of the House to press
for their demand. Kapoor asked the members to take their
seats, saying that they could raise the issue later but the
agitating members did not pay heed to his repeated pleas.
The Congress members also showed placards in the House
displaying the names of various scams like financial bungling
in conduct of Mahakumbh mela, Rishikesh housing scam, 56 hydel
projects allotment scam, medicine purchase scam and Chief
Minister discretionary fund scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured