Cong demands CBI inquiry into `BJP govt scams`
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand Assembly on Tuesday witnessed uproarious scenes with Opposition Congress
disrupting the proceedings demanding a CBI inquiry into the
alleged scandals involving the ruling BJP government, which
resulted in the House being adjourned several times.
As soon as the House assembled on the first day of the
session, the members belonging to the main Opposition Congress
were on their feet alleging that the BJP government was deeply
involved in corruption and several scams worth crores of
rupees have been unearthed during its four and a half year old
They shouted anti-government slogans in the House
demanding a CBI inquiry into the alleged scams.
Leader of the Opposition Harak Singh Rawat urged Speaker
Harbans Kapoor to allow immediate discussion over the
"serious" issue by suspending the Question Hour. Rawat was
also supported by his other party members.
When the discussion was not allowed by the Speaker,
Congress members trooped into the Well of the House to press
for their demand. Kapoor asked the members to take their
seats, saying that they could raise the issue later but the
agitating members did not pay heed to his repeated pleas.
The Congress members also showed placards in the House
displaying the names of various scams like financial bungling
in conduct of Mahakumbh mela, Rishikesh housing scam, 56 hydel
projects allotment scam, medicine purchase scam and Chief
Minister discretionary fund scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University