Cong demands CBI probe in Nishank govt`s scandals
Dehradun: Ahead of assembly elections in
Uttarakhand, the Congress on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into
what it said "scandals" of the previous Nishank government.
"If Chief Minister B C Khanduri really wants to fight
corruption, then he must recommend a CBI probe into all the
scandals that took place during the tenure of previous Nishank
government," state Youth Congress President Anand Singh Rawat
told a rally.
Khanduri has so far maintained silence on alleged scams
that occurred during the two-year tenure of his predecessor.
Police used mild force to prevent the youth Congress
workers from proceeding towards the residence of the Chief
Later, the workers submitted a memorandum to the Chief
Minister demanding a CBI probe into "all the scandals".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?