Cong demands CBI probe in Nishank govt`s scandals
Dehradun: Ahead of assembly elections in
Uttarakhand, the Congress on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into
what it said "scandals" of the previous Nishank government.
"If Chief Minister B C Khanduri really wants to fight
corruption, then he must recommend a CBI probe into all the
scandals that took place during the tenure of previous Nishank
government," state Youth Congress President Anand Singh Rawat
told a rally.
Khanduri has so far maintained silence on alleged scams
that occurred during the two-year tenure of his predecessor.
Police used mild force to prevent the youth Congress
workers from proceeding towards the residence of the Chief
Later, the workers submitted a memorandum to the Chief
Minister demanding a CBI probe into "all the scandals".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her