Cong district chiefs to function as party taskforce heads
Dehradun: Congress district chiefs in Uttarakhand will double up as heads of the district units of the party`s taskforce constituted to mobilise public opinion in favour of the party ahead of the 2014 general elections.
Party district chiefs will also function as taskforce heads in their areas and go to people to create awareness about the welfare programmes launched by both the central and state governments and also get feedback from them on the progress of the schemes, Uttarakhand Congress Taskforce convenor Yogendra Khanduri said here today.
They have been asked to tell people about the steps initiated by the Congress-led government at the Centre as well as the state and activate Congress workers at grassroots to ensure the party`s victory in the forthcoming civic body polls in April and the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, he said.
Taskforce functionaries have to ensure that benefits of development schemes reach the beneficiaries and report the shortcomings in their implementation to the administration, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing