Cong district chiefs to function as party taskforce heads
Dehradun: Congress district chiefs in Uttarakhand will double up as heads of the district units of the party`s taskforce constituted to mobilise public opinion in favour of the party ahead of the 2014 general elections.
Party district chiefs will also function as taskforce heads in their areas and go to people to create awareness about the welfare programmes launched by both the central and state governments and also get feedback from them on the progress of the schemes, Uttarakhand Congress Taskforce convenor Yogendra Khanduri said here today.
They have been asked to tell people about the steps initiated by the Congress-led government at the Centre as well as the state and activate Congress workers at grassroots to ensure the party`s victory in the forthcoming civic body polls in April and the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, he said.
Taskforce functionaries have to ensure that benefits of development schemes reach the beneficiaries and report the shortcomings in their implementation to the administration, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'