Cong district chiefs to function as party taskforce heads
Dehradun: Congress district chiefs in Uttarakhand will double up as heads of the district units of the party`s taskforce constituted to mobilise public opinion in favour of the party ahead of the 2014 general elections.
Party district chiefs will also function as taskforce heads in their areas and go to people to create awareness about the welfare programmes launched by both the central and state governments and also get feedback from them on the progress of the schemes, Uttarakhand Congress Taskforce convenor Yogendra Khanduri said here today.
They have been asked to tell people about the steps initiated by the Congress-led government at the Centre as well as the state and activate Congress workers at grassroots to ensure the party`s victory in the forthcoming civic body polls in April and the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, he said.
Taskforce functionaries have to ensure that benefits of development schemes reach the beneficiaries and report the shortcomings in their implementation to the administration, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'