Cong district chiefs to function as party taskforce heads
Dehradun: Congress district chiefs in Uttarakhand will double up as heads of the district units of the party`s taskforce constituted to mobilise public opinion in favour of the party ahead of the 2014 general elections.
Party district chiefs will also function as taskforce heads in their areas and go to people to create awareness about the welfare programmes launched by both the central and state governments and also get feedback from them on the progress of the schemes, Uttarakhand Congress Taskforce convenor Yogendra Khanduri said here today.
They have been asked to tell people about the steps initiated by the Congress-led government at the Centre as well as the state and activate Congress workers at grassroots to ensure the party`s victory in the forthcoming civic body polls in April and the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, he said.
Taskforce functionaries have to ensure that benefits of development schemes reach the beneficiaries and report the shortcomings in their implementation to the administration, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu