Cong fields ND Tiwari`s nephew in Uttarakhand
New Delhi: Manish Tiwari, nephew of former Uttarakhand Chief Minister ND Tiwari, was on Wednesday announced by the Congress as its candidate from Gadarpur Assembly seat in the state going to polls on January 30.
Making the announcement, senior Congress leader Oscar
Fernandes said the decision was taken by the party`s
Central Election Committee.
Earlier, Congress has given tickets to two Tiwari
loyalists Arendra Sharma and Navprabhat.
The decisions have come against the backdrop of
speculation about Congress leadership`s outreach to Tiwari who
has refused to fade away despite controversies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video