Cong fields ND Tiwari`s nephew in Uttarakhand
New Delhi: Manish Tiwari, nephew of former Uttarakhand Chief Minister ND Tiwari, was on Wednesday announced by the Congress as its candidate from Gadarpur Assembly seat in the state going to polls on January 30.
Making the announcement, senior Congress leader Oscar
Fernandes said the decision was taken by the party`s
Central Election Committee.
Earlier, Congress has given tickets to two Tiwari
loyalists Arendra Sharma and Navprabhat.
The decisions have come against the backdrop of
speculation about Congress leadership`s outreach to Tiwari who
has refused to fade away despite controversies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?