Cong launches stir for Nishank govt`s ouster
Nainital: The Congress on Monday launched an
agitation across Uttarakhand demanding dismissal of the BJP
government in the state saying it had failed on all fronts.
Chanting slogans against the state government, a large
number of Congress workers, including party MPs and MLAs, took
out a rally here and courted arrest.
Led by party`s state unit president Yashpal Arya, they
demanded dismissal of the government describing it as "corrupt
and a total failure".
Congress MPs K C Singh Baba and Satpal Maharaj and
several MLAs were among those who courted arrest, said party
spokesman Rajiv Maharshi. They were released later.
Addressing the rallyists, Arya came down heavily on
the state government saying it had failed on all fronts.
He alleged the government had failed to utilise funds
provided by the Centre and was mired in corruption.
The Congress workers submitted a memorandum to the
Governor through the District Magistrate demanding dismissal
of the Nishank government.
The Congress would continue its fill-the-jail stir to
expose "misdeeds" of the government, Maharshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan