Cong leaders should not cross laxman rekha: Vijay Bahuguna
Dehra Dun: After some Congress MLAs and ministers in Uttarakhand staged protests on different issues against their own government, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday said they should not cross the `laxman rekha`.
"I can only say that protest is ok but no one should cross the laxman rekha", Bahuguna told reporters after Congress legislator Manoj Tiwari’s hunger strike entered the third day today seeking deployment of doctors in Almora district.
Tiwari, considered to be a loyalist of Union Minister Harish Rawat, a critic of Bahuguna, had been staging a sit-in in Almora town.
Bahuguna said his government was making efforts to deploy adequate doctors and teachers at all the places.
Putting the ball in the court of Health Minister SS Negi, who is also a Harish Rawat loyalist, the Chief Minister said the Health Minister would look into the entire issue.
Meanwhile, Tiwari reiterated he would continue his fast till his demands are met.
"I will continue my hunger strike till my demands are met," the MLA said.
Tiwari alleged several surgeons and physicians had been transferred from different government hospitals in Almora and their posts were lying vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH