Cong leaders should not cross laxman rekha: Vijay Bahuguna
Dehra Dun: After some Congress MLAs and ministers in Uttarakhand staged protests on different issues against their own government, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday said they should not cross the `laxman rekha`.
"I can only say that protest is ok but no one should cross the laxman rekha", Bahuguna told reporters after Congress legislator Manoj Tiwari’s hunger strike entered the third day today seeking deployment of doctors in Almora district.
Tiwari, considered to be a loyalist of Union Minister Harish Rawat, a critic of Bahuguna, had been staging a sit-in in Almora town.
Bahuguna said his government was making efforts to deploy adequate doctors and teachers at all the places.
Putting the ball in the court of Health Minister SS Negi, who is also a Harish Rawat loyalist, the Chief Minister said the Health Minister would look into the entire issue.
Meanwhile, Tiwari reiterated he would continue his fast till his demands are met.
"I will continue my hunger strike till my demands are met," the MLA said.
Tiwari alleged several surgeons and physicians had been transferred from different government hospitals in Almora and their posts were lying vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda