Cong making allegations out of frustration: Nishank
Dehra Dun: Accusing the Congress of
misleading the people over allotment of hydropower projects in
Uttarakhand, Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank today
said that the applications are being scrutinised and
objections raised on them being examined.
He said the Congress` charges stem out of frustration as
his government has launched various development projects in
Nishank claimed that not a single out of the total 56
self-identified mini hydroprojects has been allotted so far.
"The applications are being scrutinised, the objections
raised on them are being examined and final allotment is yet
to be made," he said.
The Chief Minister said the government would sign
purchase agreements with companies which would give the state
the first right to buy power produced from the projects.
The Congress had allotted hydropower projects without any
policy and did not take any premium from the developers which
cost the state exchequer heavily, he said, adding that his
government has fixed a premium of Rs 5 lakh per MW which would
fetch crores of rupees for the state.
He said his government has launched various projects in
the fields of infrastructure, tourism, education and health,
which is the reason why the Congress is frustrated.
During the past 3 years, the BJP government has
constructed 3309 km of roads and 72 bridges every year. 308 MW
of power has been produced and industrial investments worth Rs
7058 crores every year have been made, Nishank said.
He said the allotment of the hydropower projects is being
done as per the policy declared by the previous B C Khanduri
government, adding that the Congress should not raise such
controversies as it could discourage big industrialists from
coming to Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city