Cong meets Guv, demands ouster of Nishank govt
Dehra Dun: Congress asked Uttarakhand Governor Margaret Alva to dismiss the ruling BJP government in the state in the wake of High Court`s decision to cancel the controversial Rishikesh housing project.
Uttarakhand Pradesh Congress Committee President Yashpal Arya later told reporters that he along with other senior
party leaders met Alva and submitted a memorandum of their
The Uttarakhand High Court yesterday quashed the controversial government order allocating industrial land on the banks of river Ganga in Rishikesh for a housing project to
a private developer and observed that bureaucrats "mislead" the Ramesh Pokhariyal government on the issue.
Arya said the High Court in its decision held that the bureaucracy "misled" the state government which resulted in granting permission for land use change to Sturdia developers.
The court also noted that the government may set-up an enqiry to investigate the matter at its level.
In this regard, Arya said since state government officials themselves have been found guilty in the case, only CBI can probe the matter.
The issue sparked off controversy in March this year when the opposition led by Congress disrupted Assembly proceedings
accusing Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank of giving
undue favour to Sturdia in violation of laws and demanding a
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: We are investigating former IAF chief SP Tyagi's bank accounts, asset details, says CBI
- WATCH: Unbelievable cricket moment- Batsman scores 18 runs off 1 ball!
- Syrian conflict in many ways out of control, warns John Kerry
- Rupee falls 11 paise to 66.44 Vs US dollar
- Parliamentary panel asks coal PSUs, govt to recover dues