Cong meets U`khand Guv, demands BJP govt dismissal
Dehra Dun: Alleging that the BJP government
in Uttarakhand government was responsible for the death of
Swami Nigamanand who went on fast against corruption,
opposition Congress on Monday met Governor Margaret Alva and
demanded its dismissal.
A 20-member Congress delegation led by the Leader of the
Oopposition Harak Singh Rawat also submitted a memorandum to
the Governor in support of its demand, said Raj Bhavan
Later, Rawat told reporters that the state government has
"completely failed" to save the life of Swami Nigamanand who
was fighting against corruption and so the government should
be immediately dismissed.
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank made all
possible efforts to break yoga guru Ramdev`s fast but did not
take care of Swami Nigamanand who was fasting for the past
four months, Rawat alleged.
He said if the Chief Minister does not resign on moral
grounds, his government should be dismissed immediately.
Rawat and other party leaders had yesterday observed a
day-long fast at Gandhi park here in support of their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug