Cong MLA fires during party at minister`s place, 2 injured
Dehradun: An MLA of Uttarakhand`s ruling Congress party on Tuesday allegedly opened fire at the residence of state Agriculture Minister Harak Singh Rawat during a party leaving two persons, including a party leader, injured.
A party was on at the minister`s residence when Congress MLA from Khanpur in Haridwar district Kunwar Pranav Singh "Champion" is said to have opened fire, IG R S Meena said.
Two persons, including a former student leader Vivekanand Khanduri, and a youth from Haridwar received injuries in the firing, he said adding they have been taken to hospital.
It is not clear what led to the firing, he said, adding details are being looked into by a team of police officials who have gone to the spot.
Champion, who represents Khanpur in the state assembly, is also the chairman of the Forest Development Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP slams UP government over firing on ex-justice's car
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign