Cong MLA released on bail in 2007 clash case
Pithoragarh: Congress MLA Harish Dhami was on Saturday released on bail by a court in Didihat after having spent 15 days in jail in connection with a case relating to his alleged role in a clash between two groups in 2007.
"Dhami was released by Magistrate Udai Pratap Singh after he deposed before court... And furnished two security bonds of Rs 1 lakh each," said Raghunath Singh Chauhan, the counsel for the MLA.
Dhami is an accused, along with four others, in a case involving a clash in the Munsiyari area in 2007.
A non-bailable warrant had been earlier issued against Dhami by the Didihat munsif court after he repeatedly ignored summons asking it to appear before it.
The MLA had appealed to high court against the NBW and was granted 20 days` time in which to surrender before the Didihat court.
He surrendered before the first class judicial magistrate in Didihat on May 18 and was sent to judicial custody after his initial bail plea was rejected on the grounds that he had disobeyed court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state