Cong MLA released on bail in 2007 clash case
Pithoragarh: Congress MLA Harish Dhami was on Saturday released on bail by a court in Didihat after having spent 15 days in jail in connection with a case relating to his alleged role in a clash between two groups in 2007.
"Dhami was released by Magistrate Udai Pratap Singh after he deposed before court... And furnished two security bonds of Rs 1 lakh each," said Raghunath Singh Chauhan, the counsel for the MLA.
Dhami is an accused, along with four others, in a case involving a clash in the Munsiyari area in 2007.
A non-bailable warrant had been earlier issued against Dhami by the Didihat munsif court after he repeatedly ignored summons asking it to appear before it.
The MLA had appealed to high court against the NBW and was granted 20 days` time in which to surrender before the Didihat court.
He surrendered before the first class judicial magistrate in Didihat on May 18 and was sent to judicial custody after his initial bail plea was rejected on the grounds that he had disobeyed court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert