Cong MLA released on bail in 2007 clash case
Pithoragarh: Congress MLA Harish Dhami was on Saturday released on bail by a court in Didihat after having spent 15 days in jail in connection with a case relating to his alleged role in a clash between two groups in 2007.
"Dhami was released by Magistrate Udai Pratap Singh after he deposed before court... And furnished two security bonds of Rs 1 lakh each," said Raghunath Singh Chauhan, the counsel for the MLA.
Dhami is an accused, along with four others, in a case involving a clash in the Munsiyari area in 2007.
A non-bailable warrant had been earlier issued against Dhami by the Didihat munsif court after he repeatedly ignored summons asking it to appear before it.
The MLA had appealed to high court against the NBW and was granted 20 days` time in which to surrender before the Didihat court.
He surrendered before the first class judicial magistrate in Didihat on May 18 and was sent to judicial custody after his initial bail plea was rejected on the grounds that he had disobeyed court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal