Cong MLA released on bail in 2007 clash case
Pithoragarh: Congress MLA Harish Dhami was on Saturday released on bail by a court in Didihat after having spent 15 days in jail in connection with a case relating to his alleged role in a clash between two groups in 2007.
"Dhami was released by Magistrate Udai Pratap Singh after he deposed before court... And furnished two security bonds of Rs 1 lakh each," said Raghunath Singh Chauhan, the counsel for the MLA.
Dhami is an accused, along with four others, in a case involving a clash in the Munsiyari area in 2007.
A non-bailable warrant had been earlier issued against Dhami by the Didihat munsif court after he repeatedly ignored summons asking it to appear before it.
The MLA had appealed to high court against the NBW and was granted 20 days` time in which to surrender before the Didihat court.
He surrendered before the first class judicial magistrate in Didihat on May 18 and was sent to judicial custody after his initial bail plea was rejected on the grounds that he had disobeyed court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere