Cong objects to MP CM being weighed against silver
Indore: Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh on Tuesday questioned the rationale behind weighing Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan against silver at a public felicitation function tomorrow where donations will be collected for relief work in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand.
Congress spokesman Narendra Saluja said a large number of pilgrims have lost their lives and many are missing and he failed to understand the rationale behind organising the public felicitation programme at this juncture.
He also alleged local BJP men were collecting massive donations to arrange silver for the purpose.
Earlier, Industries Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya and Indore Mayor Krishna Murari Moghe told reporters that Chouhan would be felicitated tomorrow on his success to provide 24X7 power supply.
The BJP leaders said Chouhan would be weighed against silver which would later be sold in the market and money realised would be donated for relief work in Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday