Cong seeks explanation from Rajnath on land scam
Dehra Dun: Congress on Sunday asked senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh to give an explanation on allegations that his son was awarded 100 Bighas of land in Uttarakhand by the state government.
In a statement here, party spokesman Surendra Kumar also claimed that Singh`s son was allegedly involved in the Accurate electricity meter scam.
"The BJP leader must give an explanation to the innocent people of Uttarakhand regarding the land allotment to his son and the Accurate meter scam," Kumar said.
He also accused the BJP leader, who is election in-charge of the state, of being hand-in-glove with those who had done atrocities on Uttarakhand people during the statehood movement.
Kumar claimed Singh had given promotion to Anant Kumar Singh, a UP IAS officer, who had committed atrocities on Uttarakhand state activists during the separate statehood agitation of 1990s.
He also said the BJP has no right to criticise the Congress manifesto as saffron party had only fooled the people in its five-year rule. He reminded that there were five lakh unemployed in the state when the BJP came to power in 2007, which has now reached the seven lakh mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof