Cong seeks explanation from Rajnath on land scam
Dehra Dun: Congress on Sunday asked senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh to give an explanation on allegations that his son was awarded 100 Bighas of land in Uttarakhand by the state government.
In a statement here, party spokesman Surendra Kumar also claimed that Singh`s son was allegedly involved in the Accurate electricity meter scam.
"The BJP leader must give an explanation to the innocent people of Uttarakhand regarding the land allotment to his son and the Accurate meter scam," Kumar said.
He also accused the BJP leader, who is election in-charge of the state, of being hand-in-glove with those who had done atrocities on Uttarakhand people during the statehood movement.
Kumar claimed Singh had given promotion to Anant Kumar Singh, a UP IAS officer, who had committed atrocities on Uttarakhand state activists during the separate statehood agitation of 1990s.
He also said the BJP has no right to criticise the Congress manifesto as saffron party had only fooled the people in its five-year rule. He reminded that there were five lakh unemployed in the state when the BJP came to power in 2007, which has now reached the seven lakh mark.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis