Cong seeks explanation from Rajnath on land scam
Dehra Dun: Congress on Sunday asked senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh to give an explanation on allegations that his son was awarded 100 Bighas of land in Uttarakhand by the state government.
In a statement here, party spokesman Surendra Kumar also claimed that Singh`s son was allegedly involved in the Accurate electricity meter scam.
"The BJP leader must give an explanation to the innocent people of Uttarakhand regarding the land allotment to his son and the Accurate meter scam," Kumar said.
He also accused the BJP leader, who is election in-charge of the state, of being hand-in-glove with those who had done atrocities on Uttarakhand people during the statehood movement.
Kumar claimed Singh had given promotion to Anant Kumar Singh, a UP IAS officer, who had committed atrocities on Uttarakhand state activists during the separate statehood agitation of 1990s.
He also said the BJP has no right to criticise the Congress manifesto as saffron party had only fooled the people in its five-year rule. He reminded that there were five lakh unemployed in the state when the BJP came to power in 2007, which has now reached the seven lakh mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off