Cong seeks explanation from Rajnath on land scam
Dehra Dun: Congress on Sunday asked senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh to give an explanation on allegations that his son was awarded 100 Bighas of land in Uttarakhand by the state government.
In a statement here, party spokesman Surendra Kumar also claimed that Singh`s son was allegedly involved in the Accurate electricity meter scam.
"The BJP leader must give an explanation to the innocent people of Uttarakhand regarding the land allotment to his son and the Accurate meter scam," Kumar said.
He also accused the BJP leader, who is election in-charge of the state, of being hand-in-glove with those who had done atrocities on Uttarakhand people during the statehood movement.
Kumar claimed Singh had given promotion to Anant Kumar Singh, a UP IAS officer, who had committed atrocities on Uttarakhand state activists during the separate statehood agitation of 1990s.
He also said the BJP has no right to criticise the Congress manifesto as saffron party had only fooled the people in its five-year rule. He reminded that there were five lakh unemployed in the state when the BJP came to power in 2007, which has now reached the seven lakh mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid