Cong to hold workshops to publicise govt schemes
Dehradun: With an eye on the forthcoming civic polls, the newly constituted task force of the ruling Congress in Uttarakhand has been asked to hold workshops to create awareness in the remotest parts of the state about welfare schemes launched by both central and state governments.
All the members of the task force have been assigned political and social responsibilities as per their aptitude, ability and expertise and asked to hold workshops in all the district headquarters to create awareness about the welfare programmes of the UPA at the Centre as well as those of Bahuguna government in Uttarakhand, Congress sources said here today.
The responsibilities were assigned to the task force at its first meeting chaired by Pradesh Congress Committee chief Yashpal Arya here yesterday.
This exercise will help the party to create an atmosphere conducive for Congress candidates in view of the forthcoming civic body polls and the three-tier Panchayat elections in the state, Convenor of the task force Yogendra Khanduri said.
It was unanimously decided at the meeting that district units of the task force will be headed by the district party chiefs and their members selected by the Pradesh Congress President, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list