Cong to hold workshops to publicise govt schemes
Dehradun: With an eye on the forthcoming civic polls, the newly constituted task force of the ruling Congress in Uttarakhand has been asked to hold workshops to create awareness in the remotest parts of the state about welfare schemes launched by both central and state governments.
All the members of the task force have been assigned political and social responsibilities as per their aptitude, ability and expertise and asked to hold workshops in all the district headquarters to create awareness about the welfare programmes of the UPA at the Centre as well as those of Bahuguna government in Uttarakhand, Congress sources said here today.
The responsibilities were assigned to the task force at its first meeting chaired by Pradesh Congress Committee chief Yashpal Arya here yesterday.
This exercise will help the party to create an atmosphere conducive for Congress candidates in view of the forthcoming civic body polls and the three-tier Panchayat elections in the state, Convenor of the task force Yogendra Khanduri said.
It was unanimously decided at the meeting that district units of the task force will be headed by the district party chiefs and their members selected by the Pradesh Congress President, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie