Congress demands Bharat Ratna for Ch Charan Singh
Dehradun: On the 26th death anniversary of former prime minister Chaudhary Charan Singh, Uttarakhand Congress Wednesday described him as the tallest farmer leader and appealed for conferring Bharat Ratna on him.
"We urge the Union government to confer the highest civilian honour the "Bharat Ratna" on former Prime Minister Chaudhry Charan Singh who was the tallest Kisan leader ever produced by the nation," Pradesh Congress Spokesman Dhirendra Pratap said.
He was addressing a meeting held at the party office here to mark the 26th death anniversary of the leader.
Pratap also demanded the inclusion of the book "Sistachar" written by the former PM in the national curriculum.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation