Congress demands Bharat Ratna for Ch Charan Singh
Dehradun: On the 26th death anniversary of former prime minister Chaudhary Charan Singh, Uttarakhand Congress Wednesday described him as the tallest farmer leader and appealed for conferring Bharat Ratna on him.
"We urge the Union government to confer the highest civilian honour the "Bharat Ratna" on former Prime Minister Chaudhry Charan Singh who was the tallest Kisan leader ever produced by the nation," Pradesh Congress Spokesman Dhirendra Pratap said.
He was addressing a meeting held at the party office here to mark the 26th death anniversary of the leader.
Pratap also demanded the inclusion of the book "Sistachar" written by the former PM in the national curriculum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state