Congress demands Bharat Ratna for Ch Charan Singh
Dehradun: On the 26th death anniversary of former prime minister Chaudhary Charan Singh, Uttarakhand Congress Wednesday described him as the tallest farmer leader and appealed for conferring Bharat Ratna on him.
"We urge the Union government to confer the highest civilian honour the "Bharat Ratna" on former Prime Minister Chaudhry Charan Singh who was the tallest Kisan leader ever produced by the nation," Pradesh Congress Spokesman Dhirendra Pratap said.
He was addressing a meeting held at the party office here to mark the 26th death anniversary of the leader.
Pratap also demanded the inclusion of the book "Sistachar" written by the former PM in the national curriculum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra