Congress demands Bharat Ratna for Ch Charan Singh
Dehradun: On the 26th death anniversary of former prime minister Chaudhary Charan Singh, Uttarakhand Congress Wednesday described him as the tallest farmer leader and appealed for conferring Bharat Ratna on him.
"We urge the Union government to confer the highest civilian honour the "Bharat Ratna" on former Prime Minister Chaudhry Charan Singh who was the tallest Kisan leader ever produced by the nation," Pradesh Congress Spokesman Dhirendra Pratap said.
He was addressing a meeting held at the party office here to mark the 26th death anniversary of the leader.
Pratap also demanded the inclusion of the book "Sistachar" written by the former PM in the national curriculum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise