Congress demands Bharat Ratna for Ch Charan Singh
Dehradun: On the 26th death anniversary of former prime minister Chaudhary Charan Singh, Uttarakhand Congress Wednesday described him as the tallest farmer leader and appealed for conferring Bharat Ratna on him.
"We urge the Union government to confer the highest civilian honour the "Bharat Ratna" on former Prime Minister Chaudhry Charan Singh who was the tallest Kisan leader ever produced by the nation," Pradesh Congress Spokesman Dhirendra Pratap said.
He was addressing a meeting held at the party office here to mark the 26th death anniversary of the leader.
Pratap also demanded the inclusion of the book "Sistachar" written by the former PM in the national curriculum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?