Congress govt in Uttarakhand a non-achiever: BJP
Dehradun: The BJP Friday accused the Congress-led government in Uttarakhand of having achieved nothing during the last six months of its tenure.
"In the last six months the state government could not even set its goals, remaining helplessly embroiled in internal conflicts and groupism," BJP state spokesperson Satish Lakhera said in a statement.
Senior Congress leaders kept raising questions on the credibility of their own government during the period, Lakhera alleged while citing the examples of party legislator Harish Dhami entering the state Assembly with a black band around his arm and two other MLAs Manoj Tiwari and Kunwar Pranab Singh Champion staging dharnas against their own government at Delhi`s Jantar Mantar and Almora respectively.
He said the October 10 Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll will be a referendum on the last six months of Vijay Bahuguna government in the state.
The Congress government had taken over in Uttarakhand on March 13 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days