Congress govt in Uttarakhand a non-achiever: BJP
Dehradun: The BJP Friday accused the Congress-led government in Uttarakhand of having achieved nothing during the last six months of its tenure.
"In the last six months the state government could not even set its goals, remaining helplessly embroiled in internal conflicts and groupism," BJP state spokesperson Satish Lakhera said in a statement.
Senior Congress leaders kept raising questions on the credibility of their own government during the period, Lakhera alleged while citing the examples of party legislator Harish Dhami entering the state Assembly with a black band around his arm and two other MLAs Manoj Tiwari and Kunwar Pranab Singh Champion staging dharnas against their own government at Delhi`s Jantar Mantar and Almora respectively.
He said the October 10 Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll will be a referendum on the last six months of Vijay Bahuguna government in the state.
The Congress government had taken over in Uttarakhand on March 13 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India