Congress issues show cause notice to Khanpur MLA
Dehradun: Congress has issued a show cause notice to its Khanpur MLA Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion seeking an explanation over his public outburst against Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and his ministerial colleagues from the BSP.
The notice was issued yesterday to Champion asking him to explain his conduct within 72 hours or face disciplinary action, Pradesh Congress spokesman and Disciplinary Committee Secretary Dhirendra Pratap said.
Champion, who represents the Khanpur seat in Uttarakhand Assembly, had accused state Transport Minister and BSP MLA Surendra Rakesh of corruption and used indecent language against him and Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna.
A delegation of party legislators had yesterday approached the Chief Minister demanding action against Champion, whose name had also surfaced in connection with the recent firing incident at Cabinet Minister Harak Singh Rawat`s official residence here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi