Congress issues show cause notice to Khanpur MLA
Dehradun: Congress has issued a show cause notice to its Khanpur MLA Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion seeking an explanation over his public outburst against Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and his ministerial colleagues from the BSP.
The notice was issued yesterday to Champion asking him to explain his conduct within 72 hours or face disciplinary action, Pradesh Congress spokesman and Disciplinary Committee Secretary Dhirendra Pratap said.
Champion, who represents the Khanpur seat in Uttarakhand Assembly, had accused state Transport Minister and BSP MLA Surendra Rakesh of corruption and used indecent language against him and Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna.
A delegation of party legislators had yesterday approached the Chief Minister demanding action against Champion, whose name had also surfaced in connection with the recent firing incident at Cabinet Minister Harak Singh Rawat`s official residence here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise