Congress issues show cause notice to Khanpur MLA
Dehradun: Congress has issued a show cause notice to its Khanpur MLA Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion seeking an explanation over his public outburst against Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and his ministerial colleagues from the BSP.
The notice was issued yesterday to Champion asking him to explain his conduct within 72 hours or face disciplinary action, Pradesh Congress spokesman and Disciplinary Committee Secretary Dhirendra Pratap said.
Champion, who represents the Khanpur seat in Uttarakhand Assembly, had accused state Transport Minister and BSP MLA Surendra Rakesh of corruption and used indecent language against him and Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna.
A delegation of party legislators had yesterday approached the Chief Minister demanding action against Champion, whose name had also surfaced in connection with the recent firing incident at Cabinet Minister Harak Singh Rawat`s official residence here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk