Congress MLA threatens to resign
Dehradun: An MLA of the ruling Congress in
Uttarakhand has threatened to resign from the state Assembly over alleged failure of the government to carry out development works in his constituency.
Alleging that no development projects in his constituency are being taken up by the state government despite repeated reminders from him, Dharchula MLA Harish Dhami yesterday said he would step down as an MLA if the state government did not do something to redress his complaints within 15 days.
Dhami, who met the state Rural Development Minister here yesterday while Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna was in Delhi for the chief ministers` conference, said not even a single development project has taken off in his constituency ever since the Congress government assumed office one-and-a-half years ago.
His demands include construction of 20 roads, two government hospitals at Matkot and Tejam towns and setting up of a polytechnic college in Bansbagar town.
Dhami`s threat to resign came four days after he got bail from a Pithoragarh court where he surrendered two weeks ago in a case related to a clash between two groups over a football match.
The court had remanded him in judicial custody for not complying with a non-bailable arrest warrant issued against him on December 12, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof