Congress MP donates for Uttarakhand flood victims
Karimnagar: Congress MP Ponnam Prabhakar today said he will donate Rs 10 lakh for relief work in Uttarakhand which has been hit by a massive natural disaster.
The Lok Sabha MP from Karimnagar said he will also donate one month salary for the flash flood victims in the hill state, where a massive relief operation is on.
Prabhakar said he has taken the decision in response to an appeal made by Congress President Sonia Gandhi. The Congress chief yesterday directed all party MPs and MLAs to donate their one month salary for relief work in Uttarakhand.
Expressing grief over the loss of lives in the natural calamity, Prabhakar appealed to citizens to help those in distress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown