Congress MP donates for Uttarakhand flood victims
Karimnagar: Congress MP Ponnam Prabhakar today said he will donate Rs 10 lakh for relief work in Uttarakhand which has been hit by a massive natural disaster.
The Lok Sabha MP from Karimnagar said he will also donate one month salary for the flash flood victims in the hill state, where a massive relief operation is on.
Prabhakar said he has taken the decision in response to an appeal made by Congress President Sonia Gandhi. The Congress chief yesterday directed all party MPs and MLAs to donate their one month salary for relief work in Uttarakhand.
Expressing grief over the loss of lives in the natural calamity, Prabhakar appealed to citizens to help those in distress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England
- Union minister Rajyavardhan Rathore's son bags gold at 8th International Junior Shotgun Cup
- Attacks racist but have belief in Indian govt: African envoy
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title