Congress rubbishes scam in SIDCUL land deals
Dehradun: Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Sunday rubbished as "baseless and imaginary" the BJP`s allegations of scam in SIDCUL land deals and rejected the opposition`s demand for a CBI probe.
Asserting that there was no land scam in SIDCUL, state Congress Chief Yashpal Arya said,"BJP`s allegations are false, baseless and imaginary."
SIDCUL land in Haridwar and Pantnagar were given to private companies only after inviting e-tenders and that too to the higest bidder, Arya stressed.
"There is no need of CBI inquiry and BJP is free to move Courts if it thinks its allegations are true," he added.
BJP was demanding a CBI probe into alleged sale of SIDCUL (State Infrastructure and Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand Ltd) land meant for industrial purposes at throwaway prices to real estate firms and the land mafia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves