Congress rubbishes scam in SIDCUL land deals
Dehradun: Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Sunday rubbished as "baseless and imaginary" the BJP`s allegations of scam in SIDCUL land deals and rejected the opposition`s demand for a CBI probe.
Asserting that there was no land scam in SIDCUL, state Congress Chief Yashpal Arya said,"BJP`s allegations are false, baseless and imaginary."
SIDCUL land in Haridwar and Pantnagar were given to private companies only after inviting e-tenders and that too to the higest bidder, Arya stressed.
"There is no need of CBI inquiry and BJP is free to move Courts if it thinks its allegations are true," he added.
BJP was demanding a CBI probe into alleged sale of SIDCUL (State Infrastructure and Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand Ltd) land meant for industrial purposes at throwaway prices to real estate firms and the land mafia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet