Congress rubbishes scam in SIDCUL land deals
Dehradun: Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Sunday rubbished as "baseless and imaginary" the BJP`s allegations of scam in SIDCUL land deals and rejected the opposition`s demand for a CBI probe.
Asserting that there was no land scam in SIDCUL, state Congress Chief Yashpal Arya said,"BJP`s allegations are false, baseless and imaginary."
SIDCUL land in Haridwar and Pantnagar were given to private companies only after inviting e-tenders and that too to the higest bidder, Arya stressed.
"There is no need of CBI inquiry and BJP is free to move Courts if it thinks its allegations are true," he added.
BJP was demanding a CBI probe into alleged sale of SIDCUL (State Infrastructure and Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand Ltd) land meant for industrial purposes at throwaway prices to real estate firms and the land mafia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- It's official! Besides Punjab, AAP to contest elections in Goa as well, confirms Arvind Kejriwal
- NEET ordinance: Union Health Minister JP Nadda to meet President on Monday
- Will meet Trump despite his dangerous views on Muslims: Cameron
- Sambhavna Seth ready to walk down the aisle! - Pics inside
- Rajnath Singh mourns killing of jawans in Manipur, says MHA monitoring situation