Congress rubbishes scam in SIDCUL land deals
Dehradun: Ruling Congress in Uttarakhand on Sunday rubbished as "baseless and imaginary" the BJP`s allegations of scam in SIDCUL land deals and rejected the opposition`s demand for a CBI probe.
Asserting that there was no land scam in SIDCUL, state Congress Chief Yashpal Arya said,"BJP`s allegations are false, baseless and imaginary."
SIDCUL land in Haridwar and Pantnagar were given to private companies only after inviting e-tenders and that too to the higest bidder, Arya stressed.
"There is no need of CBI inquiry and BJP is free to move Courts if it thinks its allegations are true," he added.
BJP was demanding a CBI probe into alleged sale of SIDCUL (State Infrastructure and Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand Ltd) land meant for industrial purposes at throwaway prices to real estate firms and the land mafia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days