Congress synonymous with graft: Javadekar
Dehradun: The BJP on Tuesday alleged the Congress had become synonymous with corruption with the party smashing its own record in graft with each new scam.
"The Congress has broken its own record in graft with each new scam. So much so that it has become synonymous with corruption," BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
"The issue of corruption at the back of inflation has always toppled governments at the Centre and this is what is going to happen again (in 2014 LS polls)," he said.
"Corruption was the issue in 1975-1977 which saw the ouster of the Congress government. It was again an issue during Rajiv Gandhi`s time in 1987 and his government was overthrown in 1989. History is going to repeat itself in 2014," the BJP leader said.
Exuding confidence the BJP would romp home with massive mandate both in Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat, he said "the Tehri bypoll result in Uttarakhand is a pointer to what lies in store for the Congress in these states."
"The defeat of the Congress in Tehri is not an exception. It forecasts the downfall of the Congress in 2014 general elections," Javadekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant