Congress synonymous with graft: Javadekar
Dehradun: The BJP on Tuesday alleged the Congress had become synonymous with corruption with the party smashing its own record in graft with each new scam.
"The Congress has broken its own record in graft with each new scam. So much so that it has become synonymous with corruption," BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
"The issue of corruption at the back of inflation has always toppled governments at the Centre and this is what is going to happen again (in 2014 LS polls)," he said.
"Corruption was the issue in 1975-1977 which saw the ouster of the Congress government. It was again an issue during Rajiv Gandhi`s time in 1987 and his government was overthrown in 1989. History is going to repeat itself in 2014," the BJP leader said.
Exuding confidence the BJP would romp home with massive mandate both in Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat, he said "the Tehri bypoll result in Uttarakhand is a pointer to what lies in store for the Congress in these states."
"The defeat of the Congress in Tehri is not an exception. It forecasts the downfall of the Congress in 2014 general elections," Javadekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'