Congress synonymous with graft: Javadekar
Dehradun: The BJP on Tuesday alleged the Congress had become synonymous with corruption with the party smashing its own record in graft with each new scam.
"The Congress has broken its own record in graft with each new scam. So much so that it has become synonymous with corruption," BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
"The issue of corruption at the back of inflation has always toppled governments at the Centre and this is what is going to happen again (in 2014 LS polls)," he said.
"Corruption was the issue in 1975-1977 which saw the ouster of the Congress government. It was again an issue during Rajiv Gandhi`s time in 1987 and his government was overthrown in 1989. History is going to repeat itself in 2014," the BJP leader said.
Exuding confidence the BJP would romp home with massive mandate both in Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat, he said "the Tehri bypoll result in Uttarakhand is a pointer to what lies in store for the Congress in these states."
"The defeat of the Congress in Tehri is not an exception. It forecasts the downfall of the Congress in 2014 general elections," Javadekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?