Construction works for Maha Kumbh to complete by Oct end
Dehra Dun: With the century`s first Maha
Kumbh slated to be held in Haridwar in 2010, the Uttarakhand
government on Wednesday said construction works related to the mega fair would be completed by end of this month.
Nearly 60 per cent of the total construction work is of
permanent nature and it would be completed by end of this
month. This is for the first time that permanent structures
are being constructed at such a large scale for the fair,
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank told
A budget of Rs 565 crore has been sanctioned for the
Mahakumbh, of which Rs 150 crore have already been spent, he
Five to six crore people are expected to take part in the
fair, spread over an area of 130 sq km --from Haridwar to
Rishikesh, Nishank said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray