Corbett, Rajaji parks reopen
Dehra Dun: World famous Jim Corbett and
Rajaji national parks were thrown open for the public on Sunday
after a gap of five months.
The sections reopened are Corbett national park`s Dhikala
zone and the Motichur range of Rajaji Park.
The two parks were closed since June during the breeding
The Corbett national park acts as a protected area for
tigers. Dhikala is situated at the fringes of Patil Dun
The Rajaji national park has the largest area
representing Shiwalik eco-system. The Shiwalik trail is 10
million-year-old and very rich in fossils, including that of
about 50 species of elephants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price