Corbett, Rajaji parks reopen
Dehra Dun: World famous Jim Corbett and
Rajaji national parks were thrown open for the public on Sunday
after a gap of five months.
The sections reopened are Corbett national park`s Dhikala
zone and the Motichur range of Rajaji Park.
The two parks were closed since June during the breeding
The Corbett national park acts as a protected area for
tigers. Dhikala is situated at the fringes of Patil Dun
The Rajaji national park has the largest area
representing Shiwalik eco-system. The Shiwalik trail is 10
million-year-old and very rich in fossils, including that of
about 50 species of elephants.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!