Corbett tiger reserve`s Bijrani zone reopens for visitors
Dehradun: Authorities in Uttarakhand`s Corbett Tiger Reserve have re-opened the famous Bijrani zone for visitors after a gap of four months, an official said here Monday.
The Bijrani zone generally opens for the visitors from Oct 15 to June 15. But this year, the opening was delayed by two days due to ongoing repair of routes within the tiger reserve. Most of the routes were damaged due to recent heavy rains.
"The Bijrani zone was opened Sunday after damaged routes were repaired," a warden of the reserve said. He said advance booking for visiting the reserve would start later this week.
For morning and evening visit to the reserve, the current booking would start at 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. respectively. According to the official, permits for only 30 vehicles would be issued for morning or evening visits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access
- Athletics: Long jump star Rutherford swaps spikes for dancing shoes
- Turkey backtracks on `IS child bomber` claims
- Hardik Patel used quota stir to become leader, amass wealth: Ex-aides
- Tribunal confirms French resort`s burkini ban