CRPF jawan killed while clearing area for chopper landing
Raipur: A CRPF jawan was killed while two others were injured when Naxals opened fire at them in the Maoist hotbed of Bastar region of Chhattisgrah.
Constable Mahadev Minj was killed when his patrol party was on way to sanitise a helipad under Bheji police station area of Sukma district, security sources said.
Minj and his party from the 2nd battalion of the CRPF were ambushed with heavy fire while cordoning off the helipad, they said.
Two other troopers of the force were injured in the firing and they have been admitted to a hospital in Jagdalpur.
All the troopers sustained bullet injuries.
The helicopter, which was on way to the helipad to bring in rations for the troops, was not damaged, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire