CRPF jawan killed while clearing area for chopper landing
Raipur: A CRPF jawan was killed while two others were injured when Naxals opened fire at them in the Maoist hotbed of Bastar region of Chhattisgrah.
Constable Mahadev Minj was killed when his patrol party was on way to sanitise a helipad under Bheji police station area of Sukma district, security sources said.
Minj and his party from the 2nd battalion of the CRPF were ambushed with heavy fire while cordoning off the helipad, they said.
Two other troopers of the force were injured in the firing and they have been admitted to a hospital in Jagdalpur.
All the troopers sustained bullet injuries.
The helicopter, which was on way to the helipad to bring in rations for the troops, was not damaged, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis