CRPF jawan killed while clearing area for chopper landing
Raipur: A CRPF jawan was killed while two others were injured when Naxals opened fire at them in the Maoist hotbed of Bastar region of Chhattisgrah.
Constable Mahadev Minj was killed when his patrol party was on way to sanitise a helipad under Bheji police station area of Sukma district, security sources said.
Minj and his party from the 2nd battalion of the CRPF were ambushed with heavy fire while cordoning off the helipad, they said.
Two other troopers of the force were injured in the firing and they have been admitted to a hospital in Jagdalpur.
All the troopers sustained bullet injuries.
The helicopter, which was on way to the helipad to bring in rations for the troops, was not damaged, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city