CRPF jawan killed while clearing area for chopper landing
Raipur: A CRPF jawan was killed while two others were injured when Naxals opened fire at them in the Maoist hotbed of Bastar region of Chhattisgrah.
Constable Mahadev Minj was killed when his patrol party was on way to sanitise a helipad under Bheji police station area of Sukma district, security sources said.
Minj and his party from the 2nd battalion of the CRPF were ambushed with heavy fire while cordoning off the helipad, they said.
Two other troopers of the force were injured in the firing and they have been admitted to a hospital in Jagdalpur.
All the troopers sustained bullet injuries.
The helicopter, which was on way to the helipad to bring in rations for the troops, was not damaged, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured