Dehra Dun molestation case transferred to Sessions Court
Dehra Dun: The case of alleged
molestation of girl students from Alwar in Rajasthan during a
school trip here six months ago, has been transferred to the
Sessions Court, official sources said on Wednesday.
Dehra Dun Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Kunwar
Amanendra Singh transferred the case to Sessions Court
yesterday, they said, adding, the trial is now expected to
The incident had taken place near Rajpur here on
November 15 last year when 70 students, including 30 girls, of
HRD senior secondary school in Alwar of Rajasthan, were going
to Mussoorie after visiting the famous tourist spot of
Some car-borne miscreants intercepted their bus and
thrashed the driver. Some of them entered the bus and
allegedly molested the girls besides breaking the windowpanes.
Principal of the school Vinod Kumari, who was
accompanying the students, later lodged a complaint.
After registering a case under various Sections of
IPC including 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with
intent to outrage her modesty), police arrested five youths --
Pradip Rana, Kamal, Ajay Rautela, Kuldip Kumar and Sanjay.
Police had already filed a chargesheet in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report