Dehradun: Cop burnt to death by wife
Dehradun: A police inspector of Uttarakhand
on Sunday died after being set on fire allegedly by his wife in a
fit of rage, police said.
Ram Lal Arya (56), who was posted at the police
headquarters here, died at New Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital
this morning where he was admitted last evening, a police
Arya had received 80 per cent burns after his wife Radha
allegedly poured a bottle of petrol over him and set him on
Radha told the media yesterday that she threatened to
commit suicide by sprinkling petrol on herself following an
altercation with Arya.
However, when Arya dared her to do so, she got infuriated
and threw petrol on him, who by that time had ignited a
Soon, Arya was engulfed in fire and was rushed to a
hospital here. Later, he was referred to New Delhi.
"We have not registered a case as a mandatory FIR has not
been filed in this regard," the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie