Dehradun: Cop burnt to death by wife
Dehradun: A police inspector of Uttarakhand
on Sunday died after being set on fire allegedly by his wife in a
fit of rage, police said.
Ram Lal Arya (56), who was posted at the police
headquarters here, died at New Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital
this morning where he was admitted last evening, a police
Arya had received 80 per cent burns after his wife Radha
allegedly poured a bottle of petrol over him and set him on
Radha told the media yesterday that she threatened to
commit suicide by sprinkling petrol on herself following an
altercation with Arya.
However, when Arya dared her to do so, she got infuriated
and threw petrol on him, who by that time had ignited a
Soon, Arya was engulfed in fire and was rushed to a
hospital here. Later, he was referred to New Delhi.
"We have not registered a case as a mandatory FIR has not
been filed in this regard," the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'