Dehradun court sentences man to death for rape, murders
Dehradun: A local court has sentenced a man to gallows for raping a girl and later killing her along with her grandmother in Haridwar district.
26-year-old Wajid Ali had raped the girl on February 19 and later poisoned her leading to her death.
When the girl`s grandmother raised alarm, Wajid crushed her under the wheels of his vehicle, sources said.
District Judge Dhananjay Chaturvedi awarded death to Wajid observing that the case belonged to the "rarest of rare category", and the culprit deserved to be awarded a punishment no less than the death penalty.
"The way in which the convict crushed the victim`s 65-year-old grandmother under the wheels of his car was most inhuman," the court said in its order.
The court had reserved its order after convicting Ali on October 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog