Dehradun court sentences man to death for rape, murders
Dehradun: A local court has sentenced a man to gallows for raping a girl and later killing her along with her grandmother in Haridwar district.
26-year-old Wajid Ali had raped the girl on February 19 and later poisoned her leading to her death.
When the girl`s grandmother raised alarm, Wajid crushed her under the wheels of his vehicle, sources said.
District Judge Dhananjay Chaturvedi awarded death to Wajid observing that the case belonged to the "rarest of rare category", and the culprit deserved to be awarded a punishment no less than the death penalty.
"The way in which the convict crushed the victim`s 65-year-old grandmother under the wheels of his car was most inhuman," the court said in its order.
The court had reserved its order after convicting Ali on October 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train