Delhi boy dies in Mussoorie during school trip
Dehradun: A nine-year-old Delhi student, on
an excursion to Mussoorie, died after he allegedly fell off a
hotel balcony in the hill town, police said today.
Shivam Soni, a class V student of ITL Public School in
Dwarka area of the national capital, was staying in the hotel
along with a group of 180 students and 23 teachers who had
arrived on a three-day trip to Mussoorie on Saturday.
The boy was found lying in an unconscious state with
injuries on face, head and legs after he fell off the balcony
of the hotel yesterday morning, police said, adding that he
was declared brought dead when rushed to a local hospital.
An investigation has been launched in the case and his
post-mortem report is awaited, they said.
In separate incidents, two children drowned in river Tons
in Tuyni area of the district last evening, while a medical
student drowned at Muni-Ki-Reti area near Rishikesh here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown