Delhi boy dies in Mussoorie during school trip
Dehradun: A nine-year-old Delhi student, on
an excursion to Mussoorie, died after he allegedly fell off a
hotel balcony in the hill town, police said today.
Shivam Soni, a class V student of ITL Public School in
Dwarka area of the national capital, was staying in the hotel
along with a group of 180 students and 23 teachers who had
arrived on a three-day trip to Mussoorie on Saturday.
The boy was found lying in an unconscious state with
injuries on face, head and legs after he fell off the balcony
of the hotel yesterday morning, police said, adding that he
was declared brought dead when rushed to a local hospital.
An investigation has been launched in the case and his
post-mortem report is awaited, they said.
In separate incidents, two children drowned in river Tons
in Tuyni area of the district last evening, while a medical
student drowned at Muni-Ki-Reti area near Rishikesh here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars