Delhi boy dies in Mussoorie during school trip
Dehradun: A nine-year-old Delhi student, on
an excursion to Mussoorie, died after he allegedly fell off a
hotel balcony in the hill town, police said today.
Shivam Soni, a class V student of ITL Public School in
Dwarka area of the national capital, was staying in the hotel
along with a group of 180 students and 23 teachers who had
arrived on a three-day trip to Mussoorie on Saturday.
The boy was found lying in an unconscious state with
injuries on face, head and legs after he fell off the balcony
of the hotel yesterday morning, police said, adding that he
was declared brought dead when rushed to a local hospital.
An investigation has been launched in the case and his
post-mortem report is awaited, they said.
In separate incidents, two children drowned in river Tons
in Tuyni area of the district last evening, while a medical
student drowned at Muni-Ki-Reti area near Rishikesh here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India