Delhi boy dies in Mussoorie during school trip
Dehradun: A nine-year-old Delhi student, on
an excursion to Mussoorie, died after he allegedly fell off a
hotel balcony in the hill town, police said today.
Shivam Soni, a class V student of ITL Public School in
Dwarka area of the national capital, was staying in the hotel
along with a group of 180 students and 23 teachers who had
arrived on a three-day trip to Mussoorie on Saturday.
The boy was found lying in an unconscious state with
injuries on face, head and legs after he fell off the balcony
of the hotel yesterday morning, police said, adding that he
was declared brought dead when rushed to a local hospital.
An investigation has been launched in the case and his
post-mortem report is awaited, they said.
In separate incidents, two children drowned in river Tons
in Tuyni area of the district last evening, while a medical
student drowned at Muni-Ki-Reti area near Rishikesh here.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why