Depressed after wife’s death, doctor kills self
Dehradun: Depressed over his wife`s death in an accident, a doctor in the city allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself at home, police said on Friday. The incident occurred in Shastrinagar area on Thursday evening, they said.
Dr Rajkumar Vishwakarma, 37, who had lost his wife, a sales tax officer, in a road accident about four months ago, was found hanging in his room by his ageing parents and neighbours, police said.
A suicide note recovered from the spot said he was taking the extreme step as he could not bear the pain of loss of his wife and found it difficult to take proper care of their young daughter in her absence.
The young doctor`s wife, Ekta Chaudhry, had died in December 2012 when the car she was driving was hit by truck on Doiwala road. Her daughter Vidushi was also with her at the time of the accident but she survived.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency