Development of hill areas govt`s top priority: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Wednesday reaffirmed the state government`s commitment to the development of the backward hill areas of the state saying construction of an Assembly building at Gairsain was a step in that direction.
Releasing a book here titled "Rawai Kal Aaj Aur Kal", which deals with the unique cultural heritage of predominantly tribal Rawai-Jaunsar area in the hills, Bahuguna said by constructing a state Assembly building at Gairsain, the government wants to convey to people that the development of hill areas is its top priority.
Striking an emotional chord with the development starved people of the hill areas, Bahuguna had laid the foundation stone of an Assembly building at Gairsain in January and said that at least one session of the House will be held there every year.
He said Rawai-Jaunsar area has a distinct cultural identity of its own and described the book published by the Social and Environmental Welfare Committee as a tribute to it.
"Residents of Rawai-Jaunsar area are conscious of their identity and dedicated to the development of the region," Bahuguna said.
He also said it was good to see that non-resident Uttarakhandis doing well in their respective fields in different parts of the country and have kept their contact with the remote region in the hills alive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future