Development of hill areas govt`s top priority: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Wednesday reaffirmed the state government`s commitment to the development of the backward hill areas of the state saying construction of an Assembly building at Gairsain was a step in that direction.
Releasing a book here titled "Rawai Kal Aaj Aur Kal", which deals with the unique cultural heritage of predominantly tribal Rawai-Jaunsar area in the hills, Bahuguna said by constructing a state Assembly building at Gairsain, the government wants to convey to people that the development of hill areas is its top priority.
Striking an emotional chord with the development starved people of the hill areas, Bahuguna had laid the foundation stone of an Assembly building at Gairsain in January and said that at least one session of the House will be held there every year.
He said Rawai-Jaunsar area has a distinct cultural identity of its own and described the book published by the Social and Environmental Welfare Committee as a tribute to it.
"Residents of Rawai-Jaunsar area are conscious of their identity and dedicated to the development of the region," Bahuguna said.
He also said it was good to see that non-resident Uttarakhandis doing well in their respective fields in different parts of the country and have kept their contact with the remote region in the hills alive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion