‘Development of tribal area govt`s priority’
Dehradun: Development of Jaunsar Bhabar tribal area in Uttarakhand is the priority of the government, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna has said.
The announcement was made by Bahuguna while inaugurating the Lakhwar Dussehra fair in the area on Thursday.
Assuring tribals that the promises made to them will be fulfilled, he said a sum of Rs 10 lakh had been sanctioned for the renovation of Lakhwar mini stadium.
He also said that the inter college and allopathic hospital at Lakhwar will be named after freedom fighters Seva Singh and Roopram Singh respectively.
Bahuguna said the natural calamity hit areas of Lakhwar will be rehabilitated and people affected by the Vyasi bandh will be suitably compensated.
The chief minister said efforts will be made to bring the temple of Lord Mahasu located at Lakhwar on the state`s tourism map.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days