‘Development of tribal area govt`s priority’
Dehradun: Development of Jaunsar Bhabar tribal area in Uttarakhand is the priority of the government, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna has said.
The announcement was made by Bahuguna while inaugurating the Lakhwar Dussehra fair in the area on Thursday.
Assuring tribals that the promises made to them will be fulfilled, he said a sum of Rs 10 lakh had been sanctioned for the renovation of Lakhwar mini stadium.
He also said that the inter college and allopathic hospital at Lakhwar will be named after freedom fighters Seva Singh and Roopram Singh respectively.
Bahuguna said the natural calamity hit areas of Lakhwar will be rehabilitated and people affected by the Vyasi bandh will be suitably compensated.
The chief minister said efforts will be made to bring the temple of Lord Mahasu located at Lakhwar on the state`s tourism map.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing