‘Development of tribal area govt`s priority’
Dehradun: Development of Jaunsar Bhabar tribal area in Uttarakhand is the priority of the government, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna has said.
The announcement was made by Bahuguna while inaugurating the Lakhwar Dussehra fair in the area on Thursday.
Assuring tribals that the promises made to them will be fulfilled, he said a sum of Rs 10 lakh had been sanctioned for the renovation of Lakhwar mini stadium.
He also said that the inter college and allopathic hospital at Lakhwar will be named after freedom fighters Seva Singh and Roopram Singh respectively.
Bahuguna said the natural calamity hit areas of Lakhwar will be rehabilitated and people affected by the Vyasi bandh will be suitably compensated.
The chief minister said efforts will be made to bring the temple of Lord Mahasu located at Lakhwar on the state`s tourism map.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie