Devotees take holy dip at natural hot water spring in Badrinath
Badrinath: Devotees took holy dip at a natural hot water spring, located near the revered Hindu shrine in Badrinath.
Hundreds of devotees and pilgrims came from different parts of the country, to take holy dip at Tapt Kund, a natural sulphurous spring, in India`s northern state of Uttarakhand, on Wednesday (May 22).
Kamlesh Kumar Sharma, a devotee from Madhya Pradesh had come to experience this wonder and take a dip in the holy water spring.
"Here, there are snow covered mountains. A glacier is flowing down there, whereas in this spring, the water is very hot. You cannot directly jump into it; you have to go into it very slowly. Such is God`s grace," Sharma said.
As per mythological belief, one who takes the holy dip in this sacred hot water pond is relieved from past sins. After taking the dip, there is a ritual of visiting the Badrinath temple in the area. Situate at an altitude of 3,133 meters, the Badrinath temple, also known as the Vishal Badri is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
Mahaveer Prasad Dhayani, a priest at Badrinath said that taking bath in the holy spring helps to wash off one`s sins.
"The importance of the spring is to help us wash our sins and enable us to get a glimpse of God," said Dhayani. Along with the spiritual essence, this sulphur spring also possesses therapeutic characteristics. It is believed that by bathing here in this hot water spring, one can get rid of many ailments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini