`Dharna venue outside Assembly to be shifted`
Dehradun: With just a few days left for the commencement of Budget session of the Uttarakhand Assembly, Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal on Monday directed the administration to shift the dharna venue outside Vidhan Bhawan somehwere else to avoid inconvenience to commuters.
Dharnas and demonstrations outside the state Assembly premises when the House is in session often leads to prolonged traffic snarls.
The directive to shift the dharna venue was issued by Kunjwal at a meeting convened in his official chamber to review security arrangements in view of the Budget session of the state Assembly which begins on March 14.
The District Magistrate (Dehradun) will identify the new venue for dharnas, Kunjwal told reporters.
Once the new venue is identified, sit-ins or protests will not be held outside the state Assembly, he said.
The Speaker said the budget session will begin with the Governor`s address on March 14.
The general budget for 2013-2014 will be tabled in the House on March 18, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony