`Dharna venue outside Assembly to be shifted`
Dehradun: With just a few days left for the commencement of Budget session of the Uttarakhand Assembly, Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal on Monday directed the administration to shift the dharna venue outside Vidhan Bhawan somehwere else to avoid inconvenience to commuters.
Dharnas and demonstrations outside the state Assembly premises when the House is in session often leads to prolonged traffic snarls.
The directive to shift the dharna venue was issued by Kunjwal at a meeting convened in his official chamber to review security arrangements in view of the Budget session of the state Assembly which begins on March 14.
The District Magistrate (Dehradun) will identify the new venue for dharnas, Kunjwal told reporters.
Once the new venue is identified, sit-ins or protests will not be held outside the state Assembly, he said.
The Speaker said the budget session will begin with the Governor`s address on March 14.
The general budget for 2013-2014 will be tabled in the House on March 18, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way