`Dharna venue outside Assembly to be shifted`
Dehradun: With just a few days left for the commencement of Budget session of the Uttarakhand Assembly, Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal on Monday directed the administration to shift the dharna venue outside Vidhan Bhawan somehwere else to avoid inconvenience to commuters.
Dharnas and demonstrations outside the state Assembly premises when the House is in session often leads to prolonged traffic snarls.
The directive to shift the dharna venue was issued by Kunjwal at a meeting convened in his official chamber to review security arrangements in view of the Budget session of the state Assembly which begins on March 14.
The District Magistrate (Dehradun) will identify the new venue for dharnas, Kunjwal told reporters.
Once the new venue is identified, sit-ins or protests will not be held outside the state Assembly, he said.
The Speaker said the budget session will begin with the Governor`s address on March 14.
The general budget for 2013-2014 will be tabled in the House on March 18, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards