Dhoni to be honorary wildlife warden of Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh
Dhoni has been appointed as first honorary wildlife warden of
Uttarakhand, which also declared him as the brand ambassador
of it’s save the tiger campaign.
The Uttarakhand government has issued a notification
regarding appointment of Dhoni as the wildlife warden of the
hill state on Sep 27, Additional Secretary, Forest, Sushant
Patnaik said today.
Dhoni`s appointment letter would shortly be dispatched to
him, he added.
Last month, Dhoni had come to Dehradun as part of `Save
the Tiger` campaign and Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal
Nishank announced his nomination as the honorary wildlife
warden of the state.
Nishank also declared Dhoni as brand ambassador of save
the tiger campaign in the state which houses two major
national parks -- Jim Corbett and Rajaji.
"I am delighted to accept the honorary wildlife warden
post which has been offered to me by the Uttarakhand Chief
Minister," The Indian skipper had said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know