Dhoni to be honorary wildlife warden of Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh
Dhoni has been appointed as first honorary wildlife warden of
Uttarakhand, which also declared him as the brand ambassador
of it’s save the tiger campaign.
The Uttarakhand government has issued a notification
regarding appointment of Dhoni as the wildlife warden of the
hill state on Sep 27, Additional Secretary, Forest, Sushant
Patnaik said today.
Dhoni`s appointment letter would shortly be dispatched to
him, he added.
Last month, Dhoni had come to Dehradun as part of `Save
the Tiger` campaign and Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal
Nishank announced his nomination as the honorary wildlife
warden of the state.
Nishank also declared Dhoni as brand ambassador of save
the tiger campaign in the state which houses two major
national parks -- Jim Corbett and Rajaji.
"I am delighted to accept the honorary wildlife warden
post which has been offered to me by the Uttarakhand Chief
Minister," The Indian skipper had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon