Don`t turn shrines into tourist spots, urges Shankaracharya
Agra: Shankaracharya Swami Vasudevanand Saraswati of Badrikashram, has warned authorities against turning shrines in Uttarakhand into tourist spots.
Tourism has affected the faith and sincere beliefs of pilgrims.
The Uttarakhand tragedy last year was the result of this "degeneration of values and perceptions", he told reporters here on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video