Don`t turn shrines into tourist spots, urges Shankaracharya
Agra: Shankaracharya Swami Vasudevanand Saraswati of Badrikashram, has warned authorities against turning shrines in Uttarakhand into tourist spots.
Tourism has affected the faith and sincere beliefs of pilgrims.
The Uttarakhand tragedy last year was the result of this "degeneration of values and perceptions", he told reporters here on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamil Nadu CM thanks Rawat for taking steps to install poet's statue
- India's tour to West Indies: Shikhar Dhawan hails Virat Kohli's backing, says it feels good to bat with him
- SC tells Centre to take over Adarsh housing society in Mumbai before August 5, stays demolition plan
- US report on Chinese Muslims joining ISIS 'groundless': Media
- Kriti Sanon to star opposite Farhan Akhtar in 'Lucknow Central'