Doon Valley breaks a 44-year monsoon record
Dehra Dun: The monsoon rainfall broke a
44-year-old record in Dehra Dun by registering a whopping
3018.3 mm of rainfall this season.
Met Director Anand Sharma said that the previous
highest record was in 1966 when the Doon valley recorded 2930
mm of rainfall. Before 1966, records regarding monsoon rains
are not available, he said.
With heavy rains lashing Dehra Dun, several rivers in
the valley were on spate which include Rispana, Bindal and
Asan. Nine of the total 13 districts of Uttarakhand have
received excess rainfall this monsoon season.
During the past 24 hours, Dehra Dun has received 149.3 mm
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre