Doon Valley breaks a 44-year monsoon record
Dehra Dun: The monsoon rainfall broke a
44-year-old record in Dehra Dun by registering a whopping
3018.3 mm of rainfall this season.
Met Director Anand Sharma said that the previous
highest record was in 1966 when the Doon valley recorded 2930
mm of rainfall. Before 1966, records regarding monsoon rains
are not available, he said.
With heavy rains lashing Dehra Dun, several rivers in
the valley were on spate which include Rispana, Bindal and
Asan. Nine of the total 13 districts of Uttarakhand have
received excess rainfall this monsoon season.
During the past 24 hours, Dehra Dun has received 149.3 mm
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH