Doon Valley breaks a 44-year monsoon record
Dehra Dun: The monsoon rainfall broke a
44-year-old record in Dehra Dun by registering a whopping
3018.3 mm of rainfall this season.
Met Director Anand Sharma said that the previous
highest record was in 1966 when the Doon valley recorded 2930
mm of rainfall. Before 1966, records regarding monsoon rains
are not available, he said.
With heavy rains lashing Dehra Dun, several rivers in
the valley were on spate which include Rispana, Bindal and
Asan. Nine of the total 13 districts of Uttarakhand have
received excess rainfall this monsoon season.
During the past 24 hours, Dehra Dun has received 149.3 mm
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Bleaching kills 35 percent of coral in Great Barrier Reef
- WATCH: Relive Virat Kohli's dream run at IPL 2016 - Here's what the run machine did!
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money