Doon Valley breaks a 44-year monsoon record
Dehra Dun: The monsoon rainfall broke a
44-year-old record in Dehra Dun by registering a whopping
3018.3 mm of rainfall this season.
Met Director Anand Sharma said that the previous
highest record was in 1966 when the Doon valley recorded 2930
mm of rainfall. Before 1966, records regarding monsoon rains
are not available, he said.
With heavy rains lashing Dehra Dun, several rivers in
the valley were on spate which include Rispana, Bindal and
Asan. Nine of the total 13 districts of Uttarakhand have
received excess rainfall this monsoon season.
During the past 24 hours, Dehra Dun has received 149.3 mm
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda