Drunk driving kills three friends in Uttarkhand
Dehradun: Drunk driving proved costly for a group of friends when their car fell into a gorge in Pauri district, killing three of them on the spot and leaving another critically injured.
The mishap occurred last evening when the youths, all in their early 20s, were returning from a party and going to Shrinagar in the district, the SHO Pauri police station said.
The car occupants were all drunk and over-speeding when the car, a brand new Swift Dzire, rolled down into a 300-ft deep gorge, hit a tree and veered off into a stream before coming to a halt after ramming into a rock, he said.
Three of them were killed on the spot. The injured was rushed to Shrinagar base hospital where his condition is said to be serious, he said.
Over-speeding under the influence of alcohol led to the accident, the station house officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation