Drunk driving kills three friends in Uttarkhand
Dehradun: Drunk driving proved costly for a group of friends when their car fell into a gorge in Pauri district, killing three of them on the spot and leaving another critically injured.
The mishap occurred last evening when the youths, all in their early 20s, were returning from a party and going to Shrinagar in the district, the SHO Pauri police station said.
The car occupants were all drunk and over-speeding when the car, a brand new Swift Dzire, rolled down into a 300-ft deep gorge, hit a tree and veered off into a stream before coming to a halt after ramming into a rock, he said.
Three of them were killed on the spot. The injured was rushed to Shrinagar base hospital where his condition is said to be serious, he said.
Over-speeding under the influence of alcohol led to the accident, the station house officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29