Drunk forest guard shoots his superior
Dehradun: A drunk forest guard shot dead his superior at Churani range of Kalsi forest division in the district, forest officials said here on Monday.
The incident occurred last evening when Mohammad Islam posted as a forest guard in Churani range visited the residence of forest sub-inspector Ashutosh Gautam who lives at a short distance away from the range headquarters at Nagthat and knocked at his door, they said.
As soon as Gautam opened the door, the forest guard opened fire on him, killing him on the spot, they said.
Villagers rushed to the Gautam`s residence as they heard the sound of gunshots and found the 36-year-old official lying in a pool of blood.
They overpowered the forest guard who was in an inebriated state and handed him over to the police.
Though the exact motive behind the killing is not yet known, it looks like an act of revenge as the forest guard was peeved over being slapped by Gautam a few days back, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan