DSO, food inspector suspended
Dehradun: Two government employees have been suspended for alleged lapses in carrying out their official responsibilities, officials said on Thursday.
Uttarkashi District Supply Officer K S Bist was suspended for alleged dereliction of duty, while Senior Marketing Food Inspector of Haridwar, M A Raza, has been charged with irregularities in his work, they said.
The suspension of the two officials was ordered by Uttarakhand Food and Civil Supplies Commissioner Subardhan following several complaints against them.
During the suspension period, Bist would remain with the Food and Civil Supplies Headquarter in Dehra Dun.
A departmental inquiry against Raza, who was posted at the government foodgrain godown at Jwalapur in Haridwar, will be conducted by Divisional Food Controller, Garhwal, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman