DSO, food inspector suspended
Dehradun: Two government employees have been suspended for alleged lapses in carrying out their official responsibilities, officials said on Thursday.
Uttarkashi District Supply Officer K S Bist was suspended for alleged dereliction of duty, while Senior Marketing Food Inspector of Haridwar, M A Raza, has been charged with irregularities in his work, they said.
The suspension of the two officials was ordered by Uttarakhand Food and Civil Supplies Commissioner Subardhan following several complaints against them.
During the suspension period, Bist would remain with the Food and Civil Supplies Headquarter in Dehra Dun.
A departmental inquiry against Raza, who was posted at the government foodgrain godown at Jwalapur in Haridwar, will be conducted by Divisional Food Controller, Garhwal, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?