DSO, food inspector suspended
Dehradun: Two government employees have been suspended for alleged lapses in carrying out their official responsibilities, officials said on Thursday.
Uttarkashi District Supply Officer K S Bist was suspended for alleged dereliction of duty, while Senior Marketing Food Inspector of Haridwar, M A Raza, has been charged with irregularities in his work, they said.
The suspension of the two officials was ordered by Uttarakhand Food and Civil Supplies Commissioner Subardhan following several complaints against them.
During the suspension period, Bist would remain with the Food and Civil Supplies Headquarter in Dehra Dun.
A departmental inquiry against Raza, who was posted at the government foodgrain godown at Jwalapur in Haridwar, will be conducted by Divisional Food Controller, Garhwal, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen