DSO, food inspector suspended
Dehradun: Two government employees have been suspended for alleged lapses in carrying out their official responsibilities, officials said on Thursday.
Uttarkashi District Supply Officer K S Bist was suspended for alleged dereliction of duty, while Senior Marketing Food Inspector of Haridwar, M A Raza, has been charged with irregularities in his work, they said.
The suspension of the two officials was ordered by Uttarakhand Food and Civil Supplies Commissioner Subardhan following several complaints against them.
During the suspension period, Bist would remain with the Food and Civil Supplies Headquarter in Dehra Dun.
A departmental inquiry against Raza, who was posted at the government foodgrain godown at Jwalapur in Haridwar, will be conducted by Divisional Food Controller, Garhwal, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars