ECR facilitating free ferry of relief materials to Uttarakhand
Patna: Abiding by the Railway Board`s decision not to charge any money on relief materials to Uttarakhand for 15 days, the East Central Railway zone is facilitating transportation of relief items to the devastated Himalayan state.
"We are following Railway board decision not to charge any cost on relief materials being taken to Uttarakhand," Chief Public Relation Officer (CPRO) of ECR Amitabh Prabhakar told a news agency.
The free movement of relief materials is applicable for 15 days from June 25 to July 9, he said.
The instruction is applicable on all the trains in which freight of goods are allowed, Prabhakar said adding the decision was part of Railways concern for humanity.
He, however, said the consignment is properly checked to ensure only relief materials are packed for victims of Uttarkhand tragedy.
The Hajipur based ECR zone comprises of five Railway divisions - Danapur, Sonepur, Mughalsarai, Dhanbad and Samastipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3