ECR facilitating free ferry of relief materials to Uttarakhand
Patna: Abiding by the Railway Board`s decision not to charge any money on relief materials to Uttarakhand for 15 days, the East Central Railway zone is facilitating transportation of relief items to the devastated Himalayan state.
"We are following Railway board decision not to charge any cost on relief materials being taken to Uttarakhand," Chief Public Relation Officer (CPRO) of ECR Amitabh Prabhakar told a news agency.
The free movement of relief materials is applicable for 15 days from June 25 to July 9, he said.
The instruction is applicable on all the trains in which freight of goods are allowed, Prabhakar said adding the decision was part of Railways concern for humanity.
He, however, said the consignment is properly checked to ensure only relief materials are packed for victims of Uttarkhand tragedy.
The Hajipur based ECR zone comprises of five Railway divisions - Danapur, Sonepur, Mughalsarai, Dhanbad and Samastipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt