Efforts on to trace IIM official
Dehra Dun: Efforts are on to trace Prathap
Uburai, a marketing faculty member of IIM-Ahmedabad, who went
missing three days ago from Devprayag in Uttarakhand`s Tehri
district, police said here on Sunday.
Besides searching hotels and inns, police have pressed
into service rafts in Devprayag, the confluence of Alaknanda
and Bhagirathi rivers, to trace the missing official.
Uburai, aged 42, went missing from a hotel after he
allegedly tried to commit suicide.
"We are presuming he has either become a sanyasi or has
jumped into river Ganga," said a police officer investigating
He said a couple of hours before Uburai went missing,
he had tried to jump into the river Ganga at Devprayag.
However, on the intervention of his two nephews, Uburai
did not commit suicide but kept talking about taking sanyas.
Uburai, a father of two, has also served as Director
of the National Insurance Academy at Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi