Efforts on to trace IIM official
Dehra Dun: Efforts are on to trace Prathap
Uburai, a marketing faculty member of IIM-Ahmedabad, who went
missing three days ago from Devprayag in Uttarakhand`s Tehri
district, police said here on Sunday.
Besides searching hotels and inns, police have pressed
into service rafts in Devprayag, the confluence of Alaknanda
and Bhagirathi rivers, to trace the missing official.
Uburai, aged 42, went missing from a hotel after he
allegedly tried to commit suicide.
"We are presuming he has either become a sanyasi or has
jumped into river Ganga," said a police officer investigating
He said a couple of hours before Uburai went missing,
he had tried to jump into the river Ganga at Devprayag.
However, on the intervention of his two nephews, Uburai
did not commit suicide but kept talking about taking sanyas.
Uburai, a father of two, has also served as Director
of the National Insurance Academy at Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered