Efforts on to trace IIM official
Dehra Dun: Efforts are on to trace Prathap
Uburai, a marketing faculty member of IIM-Ahmedabad, who went
missing three days ago from Devprayag in Uttarakhand`s Tehri
district, police said here on Sunday.
Besides searching hotels and inns, police have pressed
into service rafts in Devprayag, the confluence of Alaknanda
and Bhagirathi rivers, to trace the missing official.
Uburai, aged 42, went missing from a hotel after he
allegedly tried to commit suicide.
"We are presuming he has either become a sanyasi or has
jumped into river Ganga," said a police officer investigating
He said a couple of hours before Uburai went missing,
he had tried to jump into the river Ganga at Devprayag.
However, on the intervention of his two nephews, Uburai
did not commit suicide but kept talking about taking sanyas.
Uburai, a father of two, has also served as Director
of the National Insurance Academy at Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?