Efforts on to trace IIM official
Dehra Dun: Efforts are on to trace Prathap
Uburai, a marketing faculty member of IIM-Ahmedabad, who went
missing three days ago from Devprayag in Uttarakhand`s Tehri
district, police said here on Sunday.
Besides searching hotels and inns, police have pressed
into service rafts in Devprayag, the confluence of Alaknanda
and Bhagirathi rivers, to trace the missing official.
Uburai, aged 42, went missing from a hotel after he
allegedly tried to commit suicide.
"We are presuming he has either become a sanyasi or has
jumped into river Ganga," said a police officer investigating
He said a couple of hours before Uburai went missing,
he had tried to jump into the river Ganga at Devprayag.
However, on the intervention of his two nephews, Uburai
did not commit suicide but kept talking about taking sanyas.
Uburai, a father of two, has also served as Director
of the National Insurance Academy at Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan