Eleven killed, four injured as jeep falls into gorge in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Eleven persons were killed and four injured when the vehicle they were travelling in fell into a deep gorge here.
All eleven persons were killed on the spot when the vehicle fell into a 200-metre-deep gorge between Nada and Lakhamandal in Chakrata area of the district this afternoon, SSP Keval Khurana said.
Four persons, including a woman, were injured in the mishap and have been admitted to Naugaon community health centre for treatment, he said.
Two passengers jumped off the vehicle as it plunged into the ravine near Gedia bridge and were saved, he said.
The exact reason behind the accident is being ascertained; prima facie it appears the mishap occurred as the driver was trying to negotiate a sharp turn, the SSP said.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and Governor Aziz Qureshi condoled the loss of lives in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof