Ensure redressal of `grievances`: Khanduri to DMs
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister BC Khanduri has directed the magistrates to ensure that "grievances" of the people are redressed within a week`s time at block and district levels.
During a review meeting through video-conferencing here last night, Khanduri said a district-wise record of the "problems and grievances coming from the districts to the CM`s office" would be maintained and asked the DMs to submit their reports to his office, an official release said here.
If any grievance cannot be redressed at the district level, it can be forwarded to the government level, Khanduri said.
The Chief Minister also asked the DMs to make pension disbursement system more logical and transparent.
Urging the officials to ensure a corruption-free system of working, he asked the magistrates to ensure that "employees come to office in time and the work is not delayed".
Reviewing the conditions of the roads, especially those damaged by landslides, he said the repair work should be taken up on priority basis once the rainy season ends and directed the Principal Secretary PWD to submit a report on the status of it on a daily basis, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video