Ensure redressal of `grievances`: Khanduri to DMs
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister BC Khanduri has directed the magistrates to ensure that "grievances" of the people are redressed within a week`s time at block and district levels.
During a review meeting through video-conferencing here last night, Khanduri said a district-wise record of the "problems and grievances coming from the districts to the CM`s office" would be maintained and asked the DMs to submit their reports to his office, an official release said here.
If any grievance cannot be redressed at the district level, it can be forwarded to the government level, Khanduri said.
The Chief Minister also asked the DMs to make pension disbursement system more logical and transparent.
Urging the officials to ensure a corruption-free system of working, he asked the magistrates to ensure that "employees come to office in time and the work is not delayed".
Reviewing the conditions of the roads, especially those damaged by landslides, he said the repair work should be taken up on priority basis once the rainy season ends and directed the Principal Secretary PWD to submit a report on the status of it on a daily basis, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam