Expenditure limits for panchayat election set
Dehradun: The expenditure limits for the
different posts of three-tier Panchayati elections, to be held
in Uttarakhand, have been fixed, a senior state election
commission official said today.
The limit for a member of panchayat is Rs 5,000, for the
Pradhan of Gram Panchyat, the limit would be Rs 25,000, the
State Election Commissioner Harish Chandra Joshi said today.
Under this, line block pramukh, sub block pramukh, have
been provided with a limit of Rs 70,000 and members of blocks
have a limit of Rs 25,000 to spend on their election. Where as
district panchayat members have a limit of Rs 70,000 to spend,
He added that in the election of gram panchayat the
person competing for the post of sub pradhan can spend Rs
7,500, and senior sub block pramukh has a limit of Rs 30,000
In the election of district panchayat, the person
fighting for sub president can spend Rs 1,25,000 however the
president has a limit of Rs 1,75,000, he added.
The commissioner added that the dates of panchayat
elections will be announced later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?