Expenditure limits for panchayat election set
Dehradun: The expenditure limits for the
different posts of three-tier Panchayati elections, to be held
in Uttarakhand, have been fixed, a senior state election
commission official said today.
The limit for a member of panchayat is Rs 5,000, for the
Pradhan of Gram Panchyat, the limit would be Rs 25,000, the
State Election Commissioner Harish Chandra Joshi said today.
Under this, line block pramukh, sub block pramukh, have
been provided with a limit of Rs 70,000 and members of blocks
have a limit of Rs 25,000 to spend on their election. Where as
district panchayat members have a limit of Rs 70,000 to spend,
He added that in the election of gram panchayat the
person competing for the post of sub pradhan can spend Rs
7,500, and senior sub block pramukh has a limit of Rs 30,000
In the election of district panchayat, the person
fighting for sub president can spend Rs 1,25,000 however the
president has a limit of Rs 1,75,000, he added.
The commissioner added that the dates of panchayat
elections will be announced later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH