Fake notes worth Rs 75,000 seized, 3 held
Dehradun: Fake currency with a face value of
Rs 75,000 was seized and three persons were arrested in
Tanakpur area of Champawat district, police said on Sunday.
Deepak Gupta (27), Shivkant Gupta (35) and Ashok Kumar(28)
- all residents of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh - were arrested
yesterday after a shopkeeper at Poornagiri temple road
suspected that one of the notes was fake and complained the
matter to the police.
On being interrogated, they told the police that they got
fake notes with a face value of Rs one lakh in Etawah area of
Uttar Pradesh, and had already used some of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai