Fake notes worth Rs 75,000 seized, 3 held
Dehradun: Fake currency with a face value of
Rs 75,000 was seized and three persons were arrested in
Tanakpur area of Champawat district, police said on Sunday.
Deepak Gupta (27), Shivkant Gupta (35) and Ashok Kumar(28)
- all residents of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh - were arrested
yesterday after a shopkeeper at Poornagiri temple road
suspected that one of the notes was fake and complained the
matter to the police.
On being interrogated, they told the police that they got
fake notes with a face value of Rs one lakh in Etawah area of
Uttar Pradesh, and had already used some of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan