Fake notes worth Rs 75,000 seized, 3 held
Dehradun: Fake currency with a face value of
Rs 75,000 was seized and three persons were arrested in
Tanakpur area of Champawat district, police said on Sunday.
Deepak Gupta (27), Shivkant Gupta (35) and Ashok Kumar(28)
- all residents of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh - were arrested
yesterday after a shopkeeper at Poornagiri temple road
suspected that one of the notes was fake and complained the
matter to the police.
On being interrogated, they told the police that they got
fake notes with a face value of Rs one lakh in Etawah area of
Uttar Pradesh, and had already used some of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!