Fake passport: CBI court to frame charges against Ramdev aide Balkrishna
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: A special CBI court will on Tuesday frame charges against yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna in the fake passport case.
Balkrishna has been charged with forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act.
The central probe agency had claimed that Balkrishna managed to get his passport on the basis of a fake date of birth certificate.
Balkrishna is currently out on bail.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED), which conducted a preliminary probe against him, claimed that Balkrishna was involved in a Jharkhand-based company and allegedly violated FEMA norms.
Balkrishna also allegedly travelled to over 25 countries on a fake passport including those which are known tax havens, the ED claimed.
The agency registered the case against Balkrishna on the basis of the FIR lodged against him by the CBI, which had charged him with violations of the Passport Act.
Balkrishna was released on bail on August 17 last year. He was sent to jail in July after following his arrest by the CBI for allegedly submitting fake documents for obtaining Indian passport.
The central probe agency had registered a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy against Balkrishna on July 23, 2011 for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake and forged High School and graduation certificates to the passport authorities for obtaining the document.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore